This project has been forked and modified for single utility use from my LEMP kit projects VStacklet & HStacklet.
Deploys a proper backup directory strucutre, tidy's the script directory (see: ~/vm-backit-util), performs backups of preferred directories and databases, and neatly packages into a single archive for download!
- Simple to install and configure.
- Script writes backup output to /root/vm-backit.log for additional observations.
- Color Coding for emphasis on backup (highlights directoris and databases being backed up) processes.
- Everything you need to get backup your system.
- Cron job examples are included within each script.
VM-Backit - Installs scripts to help manage and automate server/site backups.
- Backup your files in key locations (ex: /srv/www, /etc and /root) These of course can be modified to your particular needs
- Backup your databases
- Package files & databases to one archive
- Cleanup remaining individual archives
- Simply configure and type 'vm-backit' to backup important directories and databases - cron examples included.
You should read these scripts before running them so you know what they're doing. Changes may be necessary to meet your needs.
Files requiring your attention before running a backup are located in the ~/vm-backit directory.
VM-Backit - Installs needed files for running complete system backups:
NOTE: If you do not have curl installed, run the following command -
apt-get install -y curl
... then run our main installer ...
curl -LO https://raw.github.com/JMSDOnline/vm-backit/master/vm-backit.sh
chmod +x vm-backit.sh
Additional Notes and honorable mentions
As per any contributions, be it suggestions, critiques, alterations and on and on are all welcome @ VM-Backit's Repo on GitHub